Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Political yard signs

I have had not one, but two of my yard signs removed from my yard in the past month. The first theft happened around August 12th. The second theft happened sometime between now and yesterday morning after I left for work.

It is not often that I endorse a candidate strongly enough to allow him or her to place a sign in my yard, but this year our household is behind Al Franken 110% and contacted his office to request campaign signs for our yard. I am downright pissed of that in this free country where we are able to express our views, and support the candidates that we want - that someone has the audacity to walk onto my private property not once, but twice - and remove the signs from my yard.

I will admit, I am tend to lean just an itsy bitsy teensie bit to left. However, I believe if the people that support the other side want to put a sign in their yard in support, they should be able to do whatever they want to in their own yard and I would never step onto someone else's property and remove their campaign signs.

Our freedom of speech is still protected under the first amendment of the constitution (at least last time I checked...)

So, if you are plucking campaign signs out of front yards in Minnesota suburbs - be careful,you never know when big brother may be watching and you could be charged with trespassing, theft, or vandalism. Worse yet, Karma returns in multitudes.

No comments:

Post a Comment